Checkman
(.333 member)
25/01/13 02:07 AM
Re: British Army going with Glock 17

Quote:

That's the one! I have a Tyler T-grip adaptor fitted to mine, and also a set of Pachmeyer rubber grips, which raise my scores (oops, sorry, not allowed to shoot for score, just research), but I prefer the original look. My trigger has a SA pull of about a pound, and needs Federal primers, but is brilliant, really. Serial number is 557xxx.
When I am allowed to see it again in March I will say hello for you...

Well at least yours is still intact and hasn't been crushed and melted down. That's something. It is an excellent target revolver. I was amazed by the trigger pull on it. When I found mine I didn't have enough funds in my account to purchase it. But I did own one of the new Winchester 1895 rifles in 30-06. A nice rifle, but a rifle that I had not even fired in seven years. A rifle that I had wanted at the time, but had come to realize that it wasn't really my cup of tea. So I sold it to a sporting good store called Cabelas. I then had enough money to purchase the Officer Model Target as well as a Colt Trooper in .38 Special.

Both of those revolvers I have taken to the range several times since I purchased them. I don't regret selling the Winchester at all.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com