Oldbrit
(.333 member)
22/01/13 06:10 AM
Re: British Army going with Glock 17

Quote:

It is the Heritage exemption, and actually works well...

I hope what you intended to write was that the Heritage Exemption system is an atrocious travesty of our rights forced on us by a spiteful and overbearing government who was determined to use British shooters as scapegoats for its own failings.

Also, perhaps you meant that the Heritage Shooting centres (I stand to be corrected but I think there may be three of them in the whole of Great Britain) just about work for those who live close enough to use them but are otherwise totally useless for those, like me, who don’t.

And perhaps you meant to add that they also don’t apply to anyone who wants to shoot anything that is not regarded as a “heritage” pistol or revolver. So again they are useless to the vast majority of pistol shooters who lost their guns at the time of the great confiscation.

So, allowing for the appalling circumstances in which legitimate shooters find themselves, the system “works well” but then that must be a meaning of the term “works well” that I haven’t come across before.

Is that what you meant to say?

Bitter? Me? You’re bloody right I am.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com