(.275 member)
04/04/11 08:35 PM
Re: A well armed man.

Quote:

Quote:

Freeloader123: "It's just there because it pisses all the right people off."

Not a bad reason at all!

Stuart

No, it's not. But there are other "not bad" reasons to keep a gun handy. It turns the (other, entirely different) right people on. Bonanza started this thread by mentioning his girlfriend thought his Glock was sexy. My girlfriend thinks my Colt 1911 is her baby. I tell her that if I don't satisfy, she can always just shoot me with it.

After nearly 4 years I'm still here, so I must be doing something right.

Seriously, all kidding aside, my reckoning is that if you live in an area where you feel the need to install an alarm system in your home, you may one day be well served by a handy firearm. After all, if there are absolutely no threats, what's the alarm for?

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I have caught on to news reports that indicate that intrusion alarm systems are sold in countries other than the US. Which, if true, leads me to believe that something untoward is going on with some frequency elsewhere. Possibly something even potentially dangerous.

I believe in defense in depth. Alarms are good. Dogs are good. Odds are phenominally stacked against the case, but if I need one guns are also good. Just like the fire extinguishers I've never needed in the shop or kitchen.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com