Ripp
(.577 member)
25/01/10 05:46 AM
Re: A well armed man.

Quote:

Please dont take this as a fight agains handguns, locked up or in a bedstand. As you say they are around enough thing anyway, and thats why i unplug all my powertools as soon as i or they used them, i take the keys out of any tractor,car etc. as soon as we are done with them.
I agree its more likely they get hurt playing around the farm, but if i did leave my hayfork upsidedown under the barn hatch, and some kid fell ower it, i shoot myself. The same thing if i would leave a firearm loaded and a frind of a frend from my kids found it and hurt anyone.

My god i start to sound as my father.

Absolutely do NOT take it as a fight..actually find this really interesting..seeing how things are very different..by reading your memo it really makes me aware of how different people really are. And makes me realize how much more open we all need to be to other cultures, views, etc.

When I was growing up or when I lived on the farm with my family, we did not take the keys out of anything..in fact some of our tractors were so old, they didn't have keys..so no worries there.. We were expected to get our work done, period. Even at a very young age..believe me, when we had free time the last thing we wanted to do was go near a tractor again..

All I know is, I was literally shooting a .22 rimfire on a regular basis when I was 5 and 6 years old with my brothers who were 7 and 8 years older than me..so, guess I was lucky to be that much younger..got my first .22 rimfire for Christmas when I was 9..still have it..shot one trillion gophers with it.. ...not really, but as a kid it seemed like it..no suppervision after the first week or so..was left on my own--once my work/chores were done I was free to go shoot...for my work I got one box of .22 ammo per week..which was usually gone by Monday..

As 9.3 and I have stated...when and where we grew up --there were many more dangers than a firearm to ones life..in todays world things are a bit different...but, as I stated earlier, are they or do we believe they are---personally think if we still raised kids the way they were raised 30 to 40 years ago--a lot of our problems today would not be problems.. and God willing--will apply the same to my grandkids...if I ever have any...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com