Ripp
(.577 member)
24/01/10 04:48 AM
Re: A well armed man.

Quote:

Good to hear it worked, and for the record my father teached me good but do you really trust your kids that much?
Hanguns or rifles are the same in my eyes, and sadly in my goverments also.

+++++++++++

YES, I really do/did. My kids are all gone now, but there was always a loaded gun in the house without incidence.

I grew up on a farm with many more dangerous items around than a gun...like cutting hay with a $80,000 tractor and a double $30,000 cutter behind with 2 moving blades--driving around fields at 10 years old. My father trusted me with that as well...he also trusted me to pick bales all summer long and have them in the yard by fall to feel our cattle. He trusted that I would get up at 4:30 AM and milk 40 dairy cows..go eat breakfast and work in the fields until 5 PM --drive home, milk the cows again, head back out to the fields until dark..

My point is, it was a different world then..or was it?? Or, perhaps the difference is how we are teaching our kids in today's world. Now there are some places, by law, you are not allowed to discipline your child..really??? the government now tells you how to raise your family??

As to the difference between a handgun or rifle..unfortunately, in many governments the handgun has a much more aggressive stance against them by law than a rifle..which is terribly misguided and more "feel good" legislation without any scientific facts to back it up..don't forget, the last thing you want to do is confuse a liberal with facts..that really pisses them off..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com