Checkman
(.333 member)
18/05/09 11:57 PM
Re: I finally own a Luger

Thanks for the advice. I'm new to Lugers. Fortunately like most folks on this site I have an extensive firearms library and for the first time I'm really paying attention to all the Luger literature, but that can only go so far. Seem the best references for shooting a Luger are several articles by the late Robert T. Shimek and "Small Arms of the World" by W.H.B. Smith. But the information only goes so far. Sometimes you need to talk to other shooters. Especially when it comes to the older guns.

I like the fact that I got a response from a fellow Idahoan. Which is great on a site with such an international flavor.

I was browsing the gunshop last Saturday. The owner had opted not to rent a table at the gunshow in Boise (05/16/09)and his business was very slow that afternoon.As in the only people in the store were me and him. When I was distracted for a few minutes looking at a Manuhurin 73 revolver and that Astra 900 Broomhandle I've already mentioned he slipped the Luger out onto the counter from it's hiding spot. I went home and grabbed the two handguns and we made a trade. Fortunately for me President Obama has got so many people scared that the Glock 19's are selling like crazy. I've no doubt he'll ask somewhere between $450 and $500 and he'll get it. The Smith & Wesson will probably sell for $400. He'll make a profit no doubt.

Thanks again. Here is a link to another site that I can post photos on. The photos are not real slick. I'm not a pro.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358083

Contact Us NitroExpress.com