9.3x57
(.450 member)
05/08/08 01:29 AM
Re: You Carry? You a "sheep", "wolf" or "sheepdog" type??

Quote:

Interesting comments from you guys.

"Australians...effecting genocide on their indigenous populations"
Man! From what we learn here, everyone takes a back seat to the US in this regard. 'Wounded Knee' and all that.

My point isn't to say that genocide didn't occur in the USA. THAT goes without stating, tho the current state of affairs among the indigenous poulations is that they receive staggering amounts of benefits not offered to other population groups.

My point was that in Australia, the whites have been very successful in marginalizing the indigenous population so they are not a threat. Those populations are, of course, not large and never were, so they are less important probably than the fact that mass immigration from all four winds has not been the experience of Australia. It has been in the USA.

You might think that Australians are 'subjugated' and have lost their rights, but that is complete BS.

Marrakai, no argument about the need, just a statement of fact; where a population has had the right to arms taken away, a right has been abridged. That you can hunt where you like is nice but not the point.

...and I don't need concealed carry!

THAT is a blessing and one I hope your children and grandchildren etc can assert as well. You guys have done a lot of good in your country, and have established a, on the whole, wonderful society that has many things to teach us Americans. The abridgement of a right that is not at present needed notwithstanding.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com