9.3x57
(.450 member)
27/07/08 11:56 PM
Re: 9mm Browning Hi-Power

Quote:

I'm curious, Dad's is registered also but he's had it forever. I was under the impression that they changed the rulings a few years ago and the ones like your's don't have to be registered anymore if they came slotted. Is this wrong?

Thanks, Gents.

Dale, regarding this quote, I believe you are right, not about HP's but about some P-08's but I am not sure.

Along those lines, the best and in my opinion, only, thing a fellow can and should do is contact NFA Branch of BATFE to determine what is or is not legal. Even a silly mistake could be a positive disaster.

I have over the course of the years sent them letters requesting a ruling on this or that gun question. It took a bit of time, but they made legal rulings, gave me them in writing, and I filed them. I hate to admit it but my experience with NFA Branch has always been very cordial and every person I've dealt with over the years there was very helpful.

Maybe because in effect, the tax registration of NFA guns is in effect gun registration? Who knows.

I don't really care, because Uncle has all of our names on 4473 forms, C&R's or Dealer FFL's, Concealed Carry licenses, State Firearms Purchase cards, etc, etc. To think "info sharing" couldn't happen between State and Federal agencies seems a bit naive to me. Let's face it, gun owners in America are for the most part easily known to the gubmnt if they want to find out. Heck, all they'd have to do was observe how many Cabela's catalogs a guy gets, or what his magazine subscriptions are. Case closed!

Stay legal!

Oh, yeah, you "Eagle Eye's" out there might have noticed. Yes, that's a 20-shot magazine.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com