bigmaxx
(.375 member)
18/07/08 01:45 AM
Re: You Carry? You a "sheep", "wolf" or "sheepdog" type??

I'm sorry, but I dont put all my eggs in the statistics basket. We have had school shootings, workplace shootings, and a host of violent shootouts and criminal activities in the smalls towns around Kentucky that you would normally consider safe. Statistics can tell us what is probable. I carry a concealed firearm because of the improbable. The freak chance. The once in a lifetime occurance that would end my life or change it forever; or my families, or the innocent person I want to protect. I am a person who is alive today despite statistic, despite odds. I feel that a man with some degree of proficiency with a firearm, sound judgement, and a well defined set of morals, is obligated to be prepared to be of the most service to others (as well as himself) that he can be. I dont just carry a firearm in this belief, I have in my truck: first aid supplies, dependable flashlights, and other emergency gear. I feel secure and prepared when I leave home. I keep a rifle in the toolbox of my truck also. Any of those items could be needed at any time. I dont relish the idea of spending the rest of my life wishing I had been prepared for the improbable event that changed my life forever.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com