zimhunter
(.333 member)
17/07/08 07:20 AM
Re: You Carry? You a "sheep", "wolf" or "sheepdog" type??

I am neither a sheep,sheepdog nor wolf. I am a HUMAN animal with all the gifts that go with that species. I did not JOIN the army I was drafted but I did not run away and went and while I will not shrink from danger neither will I welcome it or go out of my way to encounter it and certainly will not feel I have done anything extraordinary if I confront it. I have had a carry permit in several states over many many years and while I do not carry at ALL times when I DO the question becomes whether I am prepared for the responsibility that comes with it. I am, the question is, are you. I do not eagerly anticipate a confrontation and in fact greatly fear one. Lest you think I live in a tranquil area I can assure you that murder,mayhem and drug violence along with smuggling of human beings is quite common here within 40 miles of the Mexican border and home invasions are growing less infrequent by the week. Do you carry in your home and answer the door with a weapon in hand. Some here do and with good cause. The burden you accept when you carry concealed is a heavy one and you must examine yourself very carefully when doing so. Bravado won't get it.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com