williepete
(.224 member)
14/05/08 10:48 AM
Re: Why I carry a Handgun--

my true story--

about 12 years ago i was working for the DOT. i was in engineering school and on a coop job semester. i was out on a job site all by myself inspecting drain pipe placement. some guy in a dually pulling a large horse trailer pulls over. walks way down the road, crossing it to my side, past me and to the woods for a pit stop. after he finishes, he walks up to the road and, with pistol in his sob now visible, begins to strangely look up and down the road, satisfied with what he didn't see, he pulls his gun and turns toward me. i, in the mean time have done the second best thing i could do (1st: run) by putting my state truck between him and me. no sooner than he has moved toward me than a car pops up over the hill. he very quickly hides the gun, gets in his truck, and takes off. i was so shaken by the event that i never thought to call anyone-including the highway patrol-and didnt talk about it until much later that day.

i realize there have been closer calls, but that was enough for me; i never forgot it. i now have a colt commander full of black talons that goes just about every where i do.....

Contact Us NitroExpress.com