mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
24/03/08 09:48 AM
Re: Best 22 LR pistol?

CptCurl,

Your problem is something that we faced in India back in the old UIT days. We had a major problem getting all our pistols (Walther GSPs and Hammerlis) to cycle with Eley Pistol Match ammunition and had to switch to Eley Tenex to prevent jamming. I guess Eley have improved their quality over the years but this problem seems to continue with other pistols and other brands of 22 lr ammunition. A friend recently bought a Hammerli Trailside in CHicago and he has had the same problem with a certain brand of ammunition though I can;t remember which at the moment.

This is OT but I had to give away a huge quantity of 22 lr hollowpoint ammunition that I bought at a very heavily discounted price in Wisconsin some time ago because my MArlin 60 rifle wouldn't feed the first round for some reasoin. If I struggled to push the first round into the tiny chamber through the port and fired it, subsequent rounds would cycle perfectly. But then I asked and found that several people had similar problems. Unlike you, I kept the gun and gave the ammo away.

Good hunting!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com