NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
09/12/23 09:16 PM
Re: Gun shy dogs

Quote:

but there is someone he trust and he see than what make's bang nothing bad happen. and than the good things in live must come for a dog. it makes bang and a moment later he find game and can retrive so the noise will be connected with things that make fun.

Wifee will need to move herself and help.

I'm thinking after the bang training as part of it, to associate a bang with good things, in the city park, drag a sausage around for scenting, then get Donder to find it. Progressing later to rabbits and birds.

Hear a bang, get a sausage, joy! I hope.

Have to see if those dangerous sounding starter pistols are available here. I doubt they are.

The fellow is eager for rabbits. But on a walk a week ago, completely ignored a native pigeon or dove at two metres on the pathway. More interested in sniffing some plants. I picked him as a puppy, one reason, was he watched birds flying over,

He is strongly interested in deer though, a plus.

I've got lots of pigeons shitting in my sheds. Must harvest some wings. Catch some if I can.

Global warming today. Put on a polar fleece long sleeved shirt,a tweed shooting vest, and my Barbour Oilskin Coat for a Summer afternoon walk with Donder. In light rain, which kept all the urbanites huddling indoors. Had parks and streets to myself.

Yesterday the fake news weather forecasters had forecast "mid 40s C" which was actually 30 deg C.

An inch or two rain forecast. True or false?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com