Ripp
(.577 member)
28/04/21 11:56 PM
Purina "Dog of The Year"... Field Trials Champion

I have a good friend who competes in field trials around the US.. Has a trainer out of Georgia where the dogs do competitions during the year..

The final trial was last weekend in Reno, Nevada.. My friends dog needed to only place and he would win Dog of the Year. Was going to be a very quick short trip. He asked if I could go with and help him drive as well as get things ready for the trial. I have never been to one before and he needed a driver to drive through the night so I accepted.

We left Bozeman, MT and 14 hours later we arrived in Reno, Nevada..3:30AM.. got the horses and dog taken care of and checked into the hotel. Got up after about 4 hours sleep to get ready for the days events.. met with the dog trainer and checked out the area we were competing in..

Saturday morning we were first up for the day, at 8AM. We turned the dog loose and for one hour judges and other riders follow the 2 dogs released and watched them perform.. finding birds and how wide of an area they hunt.. following the dogs on gaited horses..

My friends dog did extremely well.. in fact instead of just placing he ended up winning the entire event.. see below..Also because of winning, his trainer also won "Trainer of the Year" for the 3rd time in 4 years..

AND, I got to meet TINKER from the NE Forums.. unexpected good surprise...

20210424_114209 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

Horses saddled and ready to go.

20210424_071950 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

Area many were camped for the event..
20210424_071956 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

Scenery of the area
20210424_103612 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

High mtn desert area..20210424_072009 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

Contact Us NitroExpress.com