NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
07/09/19 06:50 PM
Re: sardines

Quote:

anyone feed their dogs sardines for joints instead of pills? i've been feeding them some but finding some safe to eat is kinda perplexing. i've found on occasion harvested in canada which i'm comfortable with. others come from poland which i thought was landlocked and near the russians. and starkist says to be kosher but from thailand the land of tiger shrimp. the most minimal ingredients seems sea salt

Poland has a sea coast on its Northern border on the Baltic Sea.

Historically Poland was land locked with Prussia forming its Northern border. Today's Polish sea coast on the Baltic Sea was Prussian coasts.

After WW1 Poland was 'given' a small finger of land, the "Danzig Corridor" to the Baltic Sea, which separated German East Prussia from Eastern Germany proper. This was a sore point with Germany and one of the reasons for the invasion of Poland in 1939.

Off topic, but history and answering your question.

As for fish topic, why are some sardines not suitable? The bones are a problem for dogs? Or the 'dressing' which accompanies the sardines?

Good topic. My old pooch might need some rich fishy items added to his diet. Getting thinner and weaker in the rear end/hips.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com