alexbeer
(.333 member)
17/04/09 08:27 PM
Re: Tell us about your dog(s)

Here is my black shadow. Where-ever I am, if he can find a way, he'll be there also.

This here is "Dipstick", he (the good looking blackfellow smiling at you) is supposedly a Flat Coat Retriever. Whatever he is though, he is a great dog. He will retrieve ducks, rabbits, wallabies, pretty much most things he's asked to. He will obey hand signs in the bush (usually ) and he is a great family dog. When I open the gun safe he goes beserk, barking, spinning around and around, just loving the fact that he and I are going for a walk with a gun. Only one thing I enjoy taking out in the bush more, my kids, and the dog usually comes then too!

We got him from the pound as a handful of black fluff and my boys wanted to call him "Black Dude", but I didn't think that was such a good idea. What if he slipped his leash in the park, we couldn't go running around calling "come here Black Dude" now could we? My boys had been watching 101 Dalmations so thankfully they decided to call him "Dipstick" after one of the dogs in the film. Actually quite a good name for him, he's the only dog I know who will chase his tail on command, catch it, and bring it back to me in his mouth. Rather entertaining to see really

Great dog, great companion, great fun.

Alex

alexbeer.com

Contact Us NitroExpress.com