xausa
(.400 member)
11/01/09 04:27 AM
Re: Terriers

When my youngest son was 2 (30 years ago), I bought him an Airdale puppy. Katy was a wonderful dog, but not the brightest I have ever owned. However, she was as brave as a lion, and would have taken on a grizzly, had the opportunity presented itself. She hated vets, so when the time came at age 15 to put her down, rather than submitting her to the stress of a trip to the cliniic, I did the job myself, holding her in my arms. I don't mind admitting that more than a few tears were shed.

She was the last dog I have owned, in a long line of pets which included a dachshund, three borzois, a basset, and too many Irish wolfhounds to count. My wife and I travel a lot, and until I reach the point where I don't have to concern myself with finding someone to care for a dog/dogs while we're gone, I don't want the responsibility. The day will come, however, when we settle down, and then I expect the pack of dogs to reappear. My choice for the next acquisition would be a BGS (Bavarian mountain tracking dog).

Contact Us NitroExpress.com