DarylS
(.700 member)
30/01/17 12:46 PM
Re: Fishing out of Kona, Hawai'i

here's the last communication DD - The day was SPLENDID!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Daryl...

Thank you for the reservation. You are confirmed for a full day fishing charter on Monday, January 23, 2017. . The rate is $795 plus tax or $851 total. There are no fishing licenses required in Hawaii. For payment, we prefer cash following the charter but also accept Mastercard or Visa. Gratuities are always welcome for exceptional service. We do not need a deposit.

Please reply to this email so that I know you have received this confirmation, thanks! Then, when you arrive in Kona just give us a call to check in for your charter. At that time I can give you directions to boat, time to meet, what to bring, etc. Our number is 808-895-3868.

Honokohau Marina is the sport fishing harbor and is located 2 miles north of downtown Kona between the Kona Airport and downtown Kona. High Noon and Kuuipo are located on the south side of Honokohau harbor in slip G-13 and 14 right near the set of restrooms. We provide ice, coolers, all fishing tackle, etc. You should bring along whatever you want to eat or drink during the day as well as suntan lotion, sunglasses, hat, etc. For your convenience, there is a great little deli store located near my boat where you can pick up food and beverages prior to the charter if you don't bring from hotel/condo.

Thanks again and we look forward to fishing with you and Tracy on January 23, 2017.

Captains Dee , Jah and Stu
HighNoon Sport Fishing 808-895-3868

In a message dated 12/12/2016 5:55:16 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, dtsapergia@shaw.ca writes:

Thank you for your exceptionally fast response to my request.
YES - Tracy and I would like to book the 23rd. January for a full day - for ourselves. We both fish here for trout and salmon using both gear and fly rods, (mostly flyfishing) - so perhaps more, smaller fish might be preferred on lighter lines.
I've spent long days trolling here and although any day fishing is a good day, I'd rather get into more fish than one big one, if you know what I mean.
Of course, what's biting, will determine type and style of fishing at the time! I'm really getting excited about this and ono, tuna, dolfinfish all strike a cord with me. WOW- champing at the bit here. A big Marlin - well that would be super, wouldn't it!
Thanks again for getting back to me.

bit about us:

I'm 66 retired Peace Officer - bit heavy but stable and fine in boats, Tracy is 62, retired Lab Supervisor and in wonderful shape - also fine in boats. I think we'll be just fine.

Daryl Sapergia

I should also note - Stu told me a fellow usually has to make 5 trips onto the water to catch a Blue Marlin. 20 minutes later, I was fighting mine. These boys have a favourite 'line' to troll for these fish. No other boats were in sight. Stu and Jah were the guides.

These two boys were the only boat to catch Marlin this year and they caught 2 of them.

I said in the conversation with them, I preferred more smaller fish, but I just have to tell you, that fish, although almost killing (physically) me, finished my trip for me - I was so 'chill' (satisfied) for the rest of the trip, it amazed my wife.

edited to include:

Had we not booked a full day, we'd have been fish-less.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com