93x64mm
(.416 member)
19/08/13 08:01 AM
Re: Dam Barra's

Rhodes, say Gday to Gibbo for me.
Bloody nice Barra - spotted the obvious Tinaroo & Faust dam photos!
Looks like you lads have been cleaning up with the heavy gear & yep you'll need it with those bad boys. I had a mate's dad snag a black bream out of the Faust dam, biggest & heaviest I've ever seen! Unfortunately we never had a tape to measure him (well over a foot long) or scales to weigh the fat sucker - yep he was fat alright, living on all the fresh water crayfish there! He hardly fought a bit. My youngest lad got a nice one just on the foot long & boy it was a fighter - not often you seen a black bream jump, but this bloke did a few times; good eating too!
Hope you haven't been neglecting the shooting also; & yes I have to ask - has Gibbo dusted off his 9.3x74 yet and actually used it?
Sorry mate haven't been out to the range for quite some time due to family commitments.
Good to see you lads having a win!
Cheers
Baz

PS:- Yes folks they even get a lot bigger than those ones - if you want to do some game fishing, hook a barra & hang on! No salties in Tinaroo or Faust, be careful in & around the Burdekin dam - some very big 'lizards' live there!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com