tinker
(.416 member)
17/02/08 03:27 AM
Re: Howdah 66 cal by D.Egg

I too would happily take either one of them.
They both look functional (at least from the photos)

I really like the belt hook on the boxlock.
Very much like my Tower Pistol in that respect, a pistol with a belt hook is like a bicycle with a side stand -- always ready to be at service to you, it even parks itself!

I just pulled my Pedersoli Howdah Kit out of the box the other day. The Kit form of the gun comes shipped completely assembled, but the only finished parts are the barrels and locks. Everything else is relatively 'as cast' and the wood is roughly formed.
Perfect. I got to go out and run it at the ranch (accurate, handy, and sounds absolutely rowdy!) and now I've got it stripped down to bits and will start my stock reformation campaign.
Should be fun.

The pedersoli 20x20 gives you the big thrills of modern liability insurance era overbuilt barrels that can handle big charges of black powder, a big freakin bang (sounds like a cannon with 70gr FFg and a 600 roundball), and mine's accurate within 'yer gonna git it' range.

I'll chrono the thing in a few weeks and let y'all know how it's really doing.

On the two pistols shown, you're not likely to loose your money on them. They look functional too and well cared for, they stand to give someone a ton and a half of grins.

--Tinker

Contact Us NitroExpress.com