bwanakim
(.275 member)
04/02/08 02:16 AM
Re: J. Rigby 450NE Rising Bite

At least I don't have to worry about it. If you look on the G&H site, it's not there any more. I have to agree with a lot of what's been stated here. I bought my first DR, a 450/400 3" Westley boxlock ejector from a guy here in San Antonio in 1990 for $4,000! Like an idiot, I sold it in 1995 for $6,000 and thought I'd cut a real hog! In '93, I bought a 400/360 William Evans "best" boxlock ejector from a lady in Dallas who was going out of business after trying to run her late husband's business. Thank God, I still have that and my wife and I used it on everything last summer in Namibia. My wife shot an 18 inch Namibian springbok at 160 yds. It has been outfitted with a scope by J.J. Perodeau, and isd incredibly accurate with the 250 gr. Woodleigh. I paid $5,000 for it, with the original case and mo0st of the tools, etc. Although I'm very happy Jack P. bought my .22 HP, I think he's testing the limits here, anbd one has to ask realistically what these plain boxlocks are worth, even considering our puny currency.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com