bwanakim
(.275 member)
21/01/08 12:45 PM
Re: J. Rigby 450NE Rising Bite

I'm anxiously awaiting 470 evans' information. I just sold a couple of rifles and I'm dangerous(to myself, of course). Although perhaps not pertinent to this post, one rifle sold was a .22 Hi Power Westley Richards boxlock ejector which was the subject of Sinner's post about a year or so ago. Since some of the commentary was about the scope mounts, I had J.J. Perodeau take them off and restore the rib and rear sight. George Caswell thought I'd lose 4-5 thousand dollars on selling it, so I took it back. In November, I talked to Kevin Kilday who thought he could sell it, and net me a profit! I'll be damned if Jack Puglisi(?)didn't breeze through the Dallas Safari Club and buy FIVE double rifles from Kevin, including mine! I got my money and then some! Needless to say, I'm happy with Kevin and WR. Jack P. then took all five of the rifles to another table and marked them up 25% asking $49,500 for a plain boxlock Rigby .470 Kevin had $34,500 on. Go figure! Can anybody enlighten me as to what's going on here? With that type of price on the boxlock, I reasoned the .450 Rigby was quite a deal at $42,500 (Paul said they'd sell it for that) IF everything checked out. One of the guns bought by Puglisi was the 400/350 Rigby mentioned by 470 evans. I forget what he marked it up to, but I want to say $45,000!It was ok, but a heavy refinish and no ejectors, case, or anything special.

Thanks for all the great information!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com