Anonymous
(Unregistered)
20/01/08 11:56 AM
Re: J. Rigby 450NE Rising Bite

Did you happen to notice the proofs it did have? If so I could elaborate more, such as if it had a crown over a CP would indicate a BPE. If it was nitro prooved it would have been struck on the flats as “nitro prooved” for that period of gun. The engraving of the load on the outer barrels is common, as to distinguish regulation by makers of that period.

Kim,

A good gunsmith can possibly repair the stock if the damage is not to severe. However, it’s a bad spot to have weakness in the stock, as it often protrudes through the wrist. In regards to the other rifle you mentioned. A friend called me on that 7x65r Rigby at BPS a while back, and spoke of the same issue in regards to the barrels. There prices and descriptions are ridiculous, as they have been on every gun they have “tried” to sell since opening those rooms many years ago. It’s a well known fact that there fine gunroom operations, as well as purchase operations, are run by people who don’t know guns at all. I don't deal with them anymore.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com