3DogMike
(.400 member)
15/05/23 02:37 PM
Re: A Jeffery Double in 600 NE

A note as to the existing Jeffery records:
True what Tony/Marrakai says, there are several posts by myself here on the forums referencing the W. J. Jeffery daybooks and their whereabouts.

The surviving records consist of the company "daybooks" (workbooks) and are not sales records. These are privately held and are (or were) very closely held for the last few years.

Some years ago Paul Roberts (John Roberts & Son) did in fact hold the daybooks and at that time the records were relatively easy to get information from.

Fast forward and the daybooks were sold to Thomas Friedkin (The Friedkin Group) of Houston, Texas. The records became privately held and the daybook info was fairly difficult (really VERY difficult) to obtain.

Thomas Friedkin passed in 2017, but his heirs & Friedkin Group continued to hold the Jeffery daybooks and any info was via request to the Friedkin Group. Any records search was usually carried out maybe twice a year when a company rep would travel to visit the place where the daybooks were kept.
If you did manage to contact the right person at The Friedkin Group they were quite cordial and happy to assist the search for info on particular Jeffery serial numbers.

I have "heard" that there is an effort ongoing to make these daybooks more accessible, however I don't know if this is fact or vain hope.

No, I do not have any current contact info for the relevant people at The Friedkin Group if they in fact even have the records any longer.

- Mike

Contact Us NitroExpress.com