NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
25/02/23 09:21 PM
Re: Red dot & reflex sights

Quote:

Even though there are some more streamlined types available, I find the ocular lens on those to typically be on the smaller side and so not as quick to use.

Maybe it's just me, but even though rifle scopes tend to be much larger and heavier than a red dot and actually sit higher on the gun, they just look like they're supposed to be there. Like they are a part of the rifle. With the exception of those with open sights, a bolt action rifle without a scope just looks odd and unfinished. At least, it does to me...

It's just you, your eye and what you are familiar with. Sorry!

A side by side looks very wrong to me with any scope on it. But it's useful if it works on some of them.

A bolt action without a scope looks fine. No doubt 70 years ago guys said a scope on a classic rifle was ugly.

A red dot type sight is just unfamiliar looking. People will get used to them. They look wrong on handguns too imo. But again can be useful.

A redesigned red dot sight for double rifles is unlikely because of a lack of demand. But I agree, designed to look right, no idea of what it would be. Maybe a virtual 3D head up display!

A red dot sight looks entirely appropriate on some butt ugly AR15 or M4.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com