NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
13/02/23 12:42 AM
Re: Army & Navy .450/400

Quote:

You guys that are able to use open sights into and after middle age sure are lucky .
Spectacles to correct the various eye sight issues certainly do add another barrier to the fast use of open sights

I prefer to see rifles used here on NE and less "here's another one for my collection".

I would absolutely replace the original rear express sight on my Jeffery 450. Keeping it on hand for originality purposes. And replace that express sight with another with grooves or whatever on it allowing a red dot or illuminated triangle sight to be affixed. If my eyes required it. Might even be faster and better shooting that way now already. And more effective. If a suitable dot sight worked for me.

I agree they look better without a dot sight.

I don't need glasses at all, sometimes for reading. I haven't worn reading glasses probably for nine months since last. Diabetes must be doing better. I don't need them for shooting open sights. Rifle or handgun.

But as to looks better or is needed to shoot them, wgaf, the rifles are for shooting and hunting, not caressing with archival gloves on ...

I need to find a red dot sight that does not "star" for me. I'd love to try one on my Tikka/Valmet U/O double rifle or combination barrels. Might be ideal on the 12b/7x65R. Or the drv.30-06 or 9.3x74R. If the red dot sight could be "quick" detachable that would be useful. Allow open sights or a scope or dot sight interchangably. I think it is fiddly to be swapping however. Meanwhile the game animal runs away ... Use one sight for everything ...

The 12b/.223 needs a variable scope without doubt. I've also got a Baikal dr in .45/70 that could use a dot sight.

But I plan to use the Jeffery .450 until I can't walk or see at all anymore ... A red dot sight makes a hell of a lot of sense if it is needed or is more effective.

PS it is probably possible to get a dot sight less a miniature TV box on the barrels.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com