TH44
(.375 member)
04/02/22 12:11 PM
Re: 10 bore DR saga

Thanks guys for the positive responses, it is good that there are people who appreciate such artistry

John - yes that is the repaired stock. The guy did very well to get it that good, in hand I cannot see the repair (albeit with old eyes!)

He is expensive and usually takes forever but as it was Christmas he took it on first as noted

Pic No. 6 (from the auction) shows the slight crack noted

Bob - many thanks for your data on your loads, my initial thought was 4 drams - 110 grains 2/3F with my usual filler (if required), a card wad (milk carton) a grease cookie, another card wad then the Round Ball

I only have a couple of brass 10 bore shotgun cases, (I will see if the guy who made my 8 bore cases still does them) but plenty os paper cartridges (nitro) which I could empty and use
IIRC I shot a couple of similar loads in my 10 bore early lightweight Paradox (posted somewhere here) some years ago

A little overgunned for the little roe deer locally but I will get great pleasure just shooting it on the range (my usual range has a limit of .455" 1650fps so need to go further afield)
Such guns/rifle should be shot whenever possible

In the end I am most pleased, if I had shot it or dropped it I would have had to stump up the $1800 ish for the repair

Tony

Contact Us NitroExpress.com