NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
23/07/21 12:58 AM
Re: The 9 Purdey's

Quote:

The table is at the PURDEY factory. None of the guns were shipped. All or none was the agreement. The revolvers (WEBLEY STYLE) from STUART ANDERSON WHEELER HAVE BEEN A DISASTER I have done my money. However the webley from HOLTS June 21 auction is on its way. This revolver was bought new by Athol S PURDEY for his son James A PURDEY as his officers revolver during his 1st WORLD WAR. The BOSS BATTERY of 6 is complete and waiting shipment as well. The 7th BOSS a 600 was added 3 years ago and needs another 3 years or so. The BOSS BATTERY is also serial numbered to the Calibres. Both firms have been outstanding to deal with. I have just spent 28 days on a NT hunt. Will be back for September. Covid has stopped me shooting in NT for 18 months, I have a backlog of jobs to do. I do have a lot to report on the regulation of the PURDEYS. Thank you Mick for our catch up this morning.

Thanks C. You must be looking forward to them then. Finally.

I'd be interested in hearing the Anderson Wheeler story. It was sold to someone, "with money", next Stuart A-W seemed to be distanced from it. The website, etc all disappeared and never heard anymore. S A=W once telephoned me after a query but I missed the call and never followed up. Sad if you have blown the deposit or more.

Wow, 28 day NT hunt! Sounds like a good decent time in the bush.

Looking forward to more info when you can.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com