NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
21/06/21 02:06 AM
Re: H. SCHEIRING .375 H&H MAG JAEGER PUSH-FORWD U'LEVER S'LOCK

Quote:

John, I have been waiting for one of my uncles to leave me something like this but, unfortunately, none have and , now they are all dead, doubt I will be getting this rifle.

I agree that the 8x75 doesn't add much and thought an 7x65R would have been a better choice. However, it someone wanted to help me celebrate Father's Day and gift this rifle to me, I won't complain about caliber.

I know some people who do have parents or Uncles with such nice firearms, and the fights between kids and/or nieces and nephews are quite fierce.

BTW I do have my Uncle's shotguns and ,22 rimfire. He did give them to me while still around. So a nice gift. However not to the standard of this firearm by any sort of fraction! Need to see if he has found the lost and possibly broken hammer on the Stevens shotgun. I have displayed the Mauser .22 rimfire/ The .410 single shot shotgun is quite rusted and might not be safe.

Quote:

Paired with a .375 not sure if it adds much? A 200 or 220 gr 8 mm, is quite different to say a 300 gr .375 and definitely to a 350 gr .375. But if one's .375 could accept ammo loaded to say 235 gr .375, would there be any need for a 8 mm?

Of course this often is dependent on whether one handloads or not. And if handloads can be made to regulate reasonably. If one does not handload at all, one needs factory made ammo to regulate, and most likely to be 300 gr RNs/FMJs.

Then a 8mm makes a lot of sense and especially perhaps in terms of the rifles weight and balance etc.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com