NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
28/02/17 12:01 PM
Re: Holland & Holland 16-Bore 9-Dram Double Rifle

Quote:

As you can see below, Prince Esterhazy was aware of Captain James Forsyth since he wrote "Captain James Forsyth Highlands of Central India" inside of a book or travel map that he used for planning his trip to India in 1886/87. I'll bet that he had a copy of "the Sporting Rifle and its Projectiles". I always thought that 1888 was a bit late for a rifle built to use explosive shells but who knows, anything is possible. Something else that I find interesting are the travel times are written on the opposite page:

This is from a book written in German that I found. There is a whole chapter with a lot of great photographs in it but I have been hesitant to upload the photos because of potential copyright issues. I suppose that if they don't like this being online, they can tell me to take it down.

Regards,

Jim

Jim,

I am not a lawyer so this is not legal advice! But generally a book's copyright ceases 50 years after the death of the author. However there is other legal bits and pieces I have never understood, which can extend it.

So if the book is old, the writer is long dead, there SHOULD be no issue with copyright. Our legal members can chime in if they wish.

To date, we have never had anyone take issue with the hundreds and hundreds of books and magazines published online in the ezine / Nickudud files. Lots of b@$#@*%$ pinching them though.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com