underlever
(.300 member)
24/12/13 04:33 PM
N.Guyot 9.3x74R

Don't know much about this maker and bought the rifle purely on what my eyes told me.
Rifle has had a few unkind things done to it but over time I'm fixing these up. When I got it the front trigger had been converted to a single set arrangement ( second pic ) and although this did work, firing the left barrel would have been a nasty business for the digit involved due to lack of room. I believe the original front trigger was articulated ( blade almost twice as thick as left one ) but for the moment I've just fitted a new shoe to the existing blade.
Also the right lock is missing its intercepting sear and spring and these will be made in due time. It does have a little bit of pitting here and there but most of what shows is staining.
There are no proof marks other then the ones shown on the barrels just in front of the flats.
Barrels are chopper lump, 25 5/8" long with excellent bores , pull is 14 3/4 " and it weights 3.8kg bare and 4.6 kg with its petit scope Balance without scope is perfect and its a real beauty to fire. Barrels are engraved with; " N.GUYOT ARQer A PARIS (right) 12 RUE DE PONTHIEU (left)
Have only fired 6 shots with it so far with 2 at a hill just to see what it was like, 2 at a beer carton to check point of aim and the next 2 were a right and left on 2 good boars. To say I was pleased is a understatment.
Any info on Mr. Guyot would be much appreciated.
regards,
Underlever.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com