NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
02/12/13 04:31 AM
Re: MY New Krieghoff 500NE with EJECTOR

Quote:

Well i can not shoot it at the range beefore april 2014. because shooting range`s are closed during the hunting season in Norway.
so they are only open beetween april-August. and every year before a season start you will have to shoot 30 registered training shots, and then do a shooting test at 100meter with a certain group.
with every rifle you are gone hunt with hehehehe.

so if i am to use this rifle in Norway legaly. i will have to stand and shooting at 100meter and have all 5 shots placed in heart/lung region hehe. bench rest is not allowed hehe

When it comes to matter of scratches in it... HELL NO!! there will be no scrathes or handling marks in this baby.

And no i have not planned any hunts with it yet. i am just 25 year old. so i have good time to plane a safri hunt with it.

my goal is to have combined hunt with buffalo and hippo on land for 10 days. and some plainsgame at the side.

but i think my first trip to africa will be with my 9.3x62 just to a test travel with weapon to africa, before i bring my Krieghoff with me.

Andreas,

Your range situation sure makes life tough!

If hunting game suitable for a .500 (ie not just plains game) I would take both! I always insure my rifles as well as possible. If you have the legal paperwork in hand, the main risk is the rifle being "misplaced", and nothing any of us can do about that. As your rifle is a new one, it can be replaced, unlike some vintage rifles. But I don't think anyone here on NE has lost a rifle when travelling, at least not permanently.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com