NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
19/07/10 10:23 PM
Re: Greener E17 Double Rifle again

Quote:

Been toying with the idea of a double rifle on a Greener, although just thoughts at the moment.

Quote:

I think I have just about read all there is to read on this subject but I have a few questions for those who know. What if any full Nitro cartridges are suitable for this action? I was thinking 450/400 but I dont know what pressures this cartridge produces or what the action can handle.

I think a .577 was chosen because of the overall size of the action of the Greener Empire action.

Quote:

The .577 BPE sounds so much of a good thing, and would be a great buzz to play with. But with the Fat Lady having so short barrel lengths would you still achieve full powder burn? And would it be sensible to maybe add an inch or two of length, or would this be going to far and losing pointability?

From what Marrakai said, I think the barrels would be better longer. If I remember rightly he had no idea why the barrels were so short. The rifle was purchased as is, not commissioned by him.

Quote:

(Is that a word?) Lastly is there anybody in Australia that is willing and more to the point able to make a set of barrels for a Greener double rifle.

If you find a good gunsmith willing to do it, please PM me the name.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com