CptCurlAdministrator
(.450 member)
29/12/08 01:46 PM
Re: Westley Richards .303 BLE

Well thanks to everybody for your kind comments. I am humbled by them.

Steve (shinz) said it best when he said, "You know you're only borrowing it, don't you?"

The fact is, we do only borrow these fine firearms. I can take no credit for the fine workmanship, the inventive design, the style. I had no hand in any of it. I am only fortunate enough, or foolish enough, to have put down the money required to be the current caretaker. I can assure the world that this rifle will leave my hands, many years from now, in just as good condition as it has come into them. It is a rare find now, and by then it will be more so.

The highest compliment is from bonanza when he said, "However, as not to distract form this joyous moment; your digital photographic skills are fantastic. I love sinking into you photos, relishing the detail of the portrait the craftsman has painted in steel."

I take issue with his high assessment of my skills. I am way behind where I would like to be, and I have precious little equipment to work with. But I did spend persistent hours shooting these photos and weaving them into the thread. While I don't have the nice props of bird feathers, leather gloves, pipes and tobacco, etc.; my objective is to depict exactly what bonanza pointed out, "the detail of the portrait the craftsman has painted in steel."

As the current caretaker I feel a duty to share these images with others of like mind. That's why I have done so in the past, and that's why I do so now. There are many who share likewise, and I gain immense pleasure from your posts. I am working hard as a moderator of these photographic forums to store the images on the NE.com server, thus preserving them for years to come.

We all owe a debt of gratitude to these forums for providing the means for all of us to cast our eyes on beautiful pieces of art such as this. I am thankful to be a part of NE.com.

Curl

Contact Us NitroExpress.com