starwars
(.275 member)
25/04/08 12:58 PM
Re: John Rigby 400/350 SLE

Quote:

You might want to check with George Caswell. He had a 400/350 rising bite Rigby at the Dallas Safari Club. He had had it quite a bit of time and took it off the web site. He had a number of double rifles that weren't on his web site. I asked him why and he blamed "bloggers." I took it he meant sites such as this. He told me bloggers drive up prices, but cynic that I am, I really think he doesn't want them exposed to discussion. The pool of these pieces is so small that many of these have been around the block and people here know of them and can help out a potential pigeon. I know you all have helped me! Interesting!

bwanakim- Caswell is a real character I dont believe he keeps anything off his list he's way to greedy for a move like that. Also saying bloggers drive up the price of doubles is about the funniest thing I have ever heard! The complete opposite is true a-n-d IT ALSO HELPS TO GET THEM SOLD. I think you hit it right on the nose when you said, "I really think he doesn't want them exposed to discussion. The pool of these pieces is so small that many of these have been around the block and people here know of them and can help out a potential pigeon". He's also a notorious bad mouther of others including hunters and dealers. My wife and I about fell over when he commented on a few of our close friends in the hunting world like they were vermin. Just my thoughts and personal experience.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com