dnovo
(.333 member)
24/04/08 07:54 AM
Re: John Rigby 400/350 SLE

He's right. I spoke to David about the gun, and he has generally been fairly straight up about condition. He described it as an original, non-messed with Rising Bite with some blue wear, usage, but intact. We didn't get into mechanicals, but I am sure a good smith could check it out easily.

I also agree with Death that an honest, intact Rising Bite has an inherent value that even a simple reblue and clean up would give you a sold shooter and a sold 'investment' if that is what is important to you. At 25k it is well worth it and, say it slowly, it is a R-I-S-I-N-G B-I-T-E R-I-G-B-Y and it is a non-modified gun.

There are a lot of boxlocks and even sidelocks from a lot of good makers, the Rising Bites are unique. They are also far more rare than the other 'unique' DR, the detachable or droplock WRs. How many Rising Bites on the market other than this one?

Not over priced, honestly described, capable of being made really nice for not a bunch or worth it as is (assuming good mechanical aspects) and one that can be shot and enjoyed for years.

I'd buy this even at 27 before I'd shell out 50 for the 700 'Wilkes' Dave

Contact Us NitroExpress.com