JabaliHunter
(.400 member)
10/04/08 12:24 AM
Re: Fuchs Bolt Repeater Double Rifles

Presumably if the barrels are machined from a single bar, the regulation cannot be adjusted?

This hybrid rifle concept is very interesting and Fuchs is certainly a master craftsman but with plenty of CNC machining skills too! I'm surprised this one has only a 6 round capacity as with that pot-bellied magazine you would expect 8-10 shots in .375. I think that you can specify a fixed magazine too - smoother lines but reduced capacity.

The twin bolts are operated by a single rotating bolt head that locks at the rear of the reciever bridge. This undoubtedly results in a very smooth bolt mechanism with little or no lateral play, however it is more complex and may not take kindly to african dust/dirt! Also, the rear locking lugs are supposed to reduce action rigidity and accuracy potential, although on a DG rifle this latter point is less significant.

I don't recall whether it is a controlled feed action, or whether Fuchs ever solved the 'problem' of ejecting both chambers simultaneously regardless of whether only one or both barrels are fired...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com