(Unregistered)
18/01/08 04:22 PM
Holland&Holland 577NE

http://www.hollandandholland.com/

Maker: Holland & Holland

Calibre: .577 NE

Barrel Length:26"

Rib:Quarter

Engraving: Cape Buffalo Game Scene Vignettes with Chisled Ball Fences, Bold Scrollwork. Engraving Extended Onto Barrels Brush Bright Finish

Engraver: Philip Coggan

Action: Re-inforced Sidelock Ejector

Trigger: Double with Articulated Front Trigger

Safety: Auto

Stock: Pistol Grip with Cheekpiece Hand Cap Box Deluxe Walnut

Stock Length: 15 1/2"

Leather Covered Pad

Scope and Mounts: No Scope or Mounts Fit

Sights: 1 Standing / 1 Folding (50 Yds & 100 Yds Respectively); Combined Moon Protector

Weight: 14lb 0oz

Price: $239,000 (Currently at Holland & Holland NY)

JabaliHunter
(.400 member)
18/01/08 07:33 PM
Re: Holland&Holland 577NE

Stunning in every way! Thanks for posting.
Sigh... When does the January sale start ?!!

Dave_Hall
(.300 member)
19/01/08 04:03 AM

Its rare to see Buffalo on all three sides in a 577 like that.Usually its Elephant or Rhino on one side or another with the Buffalo.Beautiful engraving tho.At that price I'd be afraid to take it in the bush.It would be like taking a Rolls out to your favorite hunting spot.

bhenske
(.224 member)
19/01/08 04:49 AM

I saw this rifle at H&H in New York a few weeks ago. It is even better in person. That said, I think that they (or whoever consigned it) bought it a Julia a few months ago for about $150,000. I was sorry to have missed it; that felt like a more reasonable price

bonanza
(.400 member)
19/01/08 09:45 AM

If you (or I) could afford it, dinging it up a little on a magnificent safari would be the least of our concern. Thankfully we can enjoy doubles at a 10th or less the price.

hoppdoc
(.400 member)
19/01/08 10:19 AM

Gotta avoid handling guns like that, They are works of art--then I would never be able to enjoy my Merkel Double near as much as I do!!

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
19/01/08 11:36 AM

Quote:

I saw this rifle at H&H in New York a few weeks ago. It is even better in person. That said, I think that they (or whoever consigned it) bought it a Julia a few months ago for about $150,000. I was sorry to have missed it; that felt like a more reasonable price

It's not consigned, Holland & Holland bought it. It's not unusual for them to do that, or raise the price reflective of there margins.

clark7781
(.375 member)
19/01/08 12:35 PM

I especially like what the engraver did on the left side of the locks in regards to the Buffalo. They all are not "outstanding" buffalo, but one is smaller and not a shooter.

I've seen some of Coggan's other works and he is amazing. The Brown Brothers are another team that does amazing work.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
20/01/08 05:07 AM

Quote:

I especially like what the engraver did on the left side of the locks in regards to the Buffalo. They all are not "outstanding" buffalo, but one is smaller and not a shooter.

I've seen some of Coggan's other works and he is amazing. The Brown Brothers are another team that does amazing work.

Agreed. Brown Brothers are some of the very finest! Though I am partial to Coggan, Steve Kelly, and many others as well..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com