atkinson6
(.375 member)
24/02/04 07:37 AM
Re: Do you use your Double rifle as general use gu

I think this "I'm too old for iron sights" is the biggest crutch I have ever heard off, nothing more than a lame excuse..

In this day and time and with corrective vision just down the block, a set of glasses fixes it for most that have a desire to shoot open sights...

I wear bifocals and have some correction above in my 70 year old eyes and I can sure shoot open sights..and I can kill a mule deer at 300 yards most of the time by holding on the top of its back...

If you don't want to shoot open sights then fine, but some of this stuff is just not correct...some people do have such poor vision that they cannot shoot open sights, but then they should not be hunting IMO, they are a danger to the rest and they cannot spot the game anyway....

I'm with Mike, if you want to shoot open sights, then get out there and try it, learn how to shoot, it will add a lot of fun to your hunting experience....and I guarentee you with a bit of practice you will be amazed at how good you can get with them..Quit reading all the hunting rags, they making you whiney!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com