dnovo
(.333 member)
13/03/08 04:48 AM
Re: Raick Erigis 470

Ya don't negotiate, you don't find out how much it costs. Given the prices I have seen on Gunsinternational, and at several other dealers, WR may be on the high side, but hardly the only ones who are pricing stuff at the limits. If they or another dealer has something that is of interes, I always ask, and make an offer. If the answer is no, I say thank you and shop elsewhere. If they know you are someone who can pay for a gun, rather than a tire kicker, then they are usually willing to negotiate.

I have had the same experience with Cabelas. They offer some neat doubles from time to time as they are a cash buyer on a country-wide basis. If you know one of their better managers, and he knows you can pay for the gun rather than just spin his wheels, then some of those prices can be shaved, often quite a bit off posted. It also depends on how deep they are buried in the rifle.

For example, Bass Pro (not, in my opinion, a major player at all) has a fairly nice, and fairly rare, WR boxlock in 25-3000. That gun was sold a year or so ago in the high teens. Bass is absolutely buried in the gun and now has it priced at more than twice what it should sell for. Unless someone who doesn't know his butt from a hot rock pays their price, they will keep it until they are willing to bite the bullet and take a loss to move inventory.

Used rifles, used vintage cars, all the same. Ask and sell are not always the same, and money talks and bull walks, so if you see something you like, call Kevin and see what he will do, especially if it has been on the site for a while. Dave

Contact Us NitroExpress.com