mngane
(.224 member)
09/02/08 08:49 AM
Re: 500 NE work?

Sinner,
Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated. I figured the same as what you say as far as the barrels are concerned, I do not ever plan to sell it but you never know, and honestly I do not know if I could bring myself to alter the barrels. I do believe that I bought it right also. At Reno I saw several Thys rifles built much more recently, one being a sidelock with simple blued sideplates and reciever, no engraving except for several small gold inlay animal heads and the asking price was leagues above what I was able to obtain mine for....
I did not know that Turnbull did wood work as well. I have used them for metal finishing and the work was perfect. Thanks for that as well, do you remember what your turnaround was? I know JJ is very busy and although the work is great he is in great demand which equates to 6-8 months turnaround, I fear.
As far as pics go, I do have one hunting picture that shows the rifle quite well, and hopefully this will do until I can take some pictures of the rifle itself this weekend. Thanks again and any more replies are welcome.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com