JabaliHunter
(.400 member)
04/02/08 02:18 AM
Re: DG STOPPING POWER-Test your Limit!!!

Ripp - I've heard the same when it comes to culling. Of course, the purpose of culling is to take down whole groups at a single event, which normally lasts less than a couple of minutes. In that situation, I guess that a magazine-full is really useful/essential, but very often a second fully loaded magazine rifle is on hand, so the magazine doesn't need reloading.

Its a different situation when sport hunting a single animal, when either the injured target or maybe an irate cow is the one that ususally does the charging. In that situation, a double is of more use. But again, it is really down to what you are used to and how fast you can reload for the 3rd shot that counts, or 4th if you hold 3 in the magazine. If you get onto the 5th shot, the shit has really hit the fan and its pretty academic whether a DR or magazine is better. IMHO, I've never wanted to get into a situation of having to relaod a magazine fast - that why stripper clips were invented, although I suppose you could have a spare box....

Contact Us NitroExpress.com