bigdog
(.375 member)
08/01/08 08:40 AM
Re: KEN OWEN 4- BORE UPDATE

Rip,
I took the wood off of it Sunday evening and gave it to my wood guy to checker and finish it. It was raining on Sat. when I picked it up from Ken Owen so I did not have a chance to shoot it. My wood guy looked at it and did not want to take it a part, so I did with 4 calls to Ken during that time. I am no gunsmith and I had to remove the side and bottom plates to get the stock off. I hope I remember where everything goes when it comes time for reassembly. If not, Ken has infinite patience and will have to help me over the phone again. We had lunch at his house on Sat and talked guns all afternoon. He is a really good guy. One thing became apparent, Ken knows a lot more about guns than I ever will. I don't consider myself a newbie after 25 years of collecting and shooting, but compared to him I am a true novice.I should get the gun back to reassemble in about 4 to 6 weeks. Then, time to go shooting! Steve thanks for the update on the barrel. Bulldog, thanks as always for posting the pictures.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com