9.3x57
(.450 member)
07/01/08 03:10 PM
Re: how do you prepare

C'mon guys, be buddies!

JPK, Rhett Butler, RIPP and Sinner, you guys are in one area in agreement; SHOOT!

Have fun, too!

I don't have a double, but the principles apply to all guns; Shoot everything you can, and shoot under all conditions and as RIPP says, if it works for you...Do It! {How a guy does it enough with a rifle that costs $20.00 a shot to shoot is beyond me, but I only have a job, not the income of a Kingdom! }

Regardless, getting closer to your hunt, shoot the gun you'll take, and shoot it a lot! Practice reloading from the cartridge carrier you intend to use on the hunt.

Only thing NEW I'll add here is try doing wind sprints before your shot strings. It sort of helps to duplicate the adrenaline rush/stress most feellows experience in the presence of game. We sprint, ski, snowshoe, whatever. Do pushups if you are at a public range {my range is on my own place}. All that stuff works.

.22's are GREAT for all purposes as long as you don't develop bad shouldering habits that can haunt you when firing a rifle that kicks even a bit.

Here we are having fun, practicing, not doubles, but simply putting into practice the same principles that apply to shooting ANY gun, this during some bad weather a while back...

Targets are chunks of firewood. "Rhett's" waterbottles are fun for effect, too, as long as they don't freeze before ya' get'em...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com