9.3x57
(.450 member)
25/12/07 01:50 AM
Re: Merkel open sights

93Mouse;

This does not surprise me at all.

SOMETIMES those fiber front sights will give excellent resolution, sometimes not. What I don't like about the fiber sights is that they appear to my eyes to vary alot with the brightness of the sun and/or lighting conditions and can thus give a "fuzzy" picture sometimes.

Basically, though, as mentioned before, based on the pictures {I've never seen one up close} I like the sight shapes on that gun, especially the rear. I would just prefer a different colored front sight, that is, a dull, black, square front that you can color to contrast background if need be, and just-as-importantly of a width that allows light to be seen between the sides of the sight and the inside of the rear notch.

It would be nice if you could actually use a set of wide V/Bead "Express" sights so you could make a comparison and a final judgment for yourself, before making a costly or irreparable change to your gun. Having said that, if you like what you have, no reason to change at all. Save the money from the Express sights and buy more ammo!!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com