Mike_Bailey
(.400 member)
15/12/07 10:46 PM
Re: Whats this double like ?

Well Guys, it didn't sell. The thing is I have Hollands building me a .375 rimmed Royal at the moment which should be ready in about 18 months. I can use that everywhere BUT since I am going to Africa next October and will be trying for a hippo and the year after going on a buff hunt I wanted a .470 back up. I really didn't want to invest 40k$ in something I rarely use, though I will practice with what I buy. I spoke to Heym direct and they gave me a good quote for an O/U double but when the actual dealer in Spain came back then the price had doubled and again was up at about US$40k. I have spoken to a friend who is in the trade. Dunmoulin make some barrels for him, They have said they can convert the trigger to mechanical, I can get the action case hardened, a finish I prefer, and then get the stock altered to fit and I think I will own a decent .470 double (the O/U doesn't faze me at all, whilst I can shoot both I always shoot an O/U shotgun better than a S/S) for less than US$10k. Thoughts ??
and thanks for the feedback
Mike

Contact Us NitroExpress.com