DarylS
(.700 member)
11/12/07 11:40 AM
Re: Target for zeroing with open sights

9.3 - You can add John Whooters to that list as well. He stated in a G&A atricle, that the English Express Sights were only for shooting very large animals out to 25 yards ans were useless past that. I wonder what he thought all the other leaves were for? Up until that time, I hadn't used them but knew they were better than what he said. I chalked what he said up to someone writing about somthing he didn't know anything about for the $$ per word. I had absolutely no respect for anything that man after he said that and never read anything more he wrote. That was the 'last' straw for Whooters.
: On the other hand, I thought a lot of Old Elmer though, treasure the phone conversations we had and our written correspondence and have tried his suggestions on sights. I-too like the sourdough, but I prefer the bead and wide V. Sights are a very subjective aspect of shooting. Some like one type and others like another. Is there a 'best', probably not the same 'best' for everyone, but most everyone has what they prefer - however, they should try them all, not just stay with one particular type. I've tried them all and have chosen my favourite. If someone else has only tried one or two types and shapes, how can they judge the value of the ones they didn't try? I've found one can not trust what is written by some people, but must try for oneself before deciding.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com