9.3x57
(.450 member)
10/12/07 09:18 AM
Re: Target for zeroing with open sights

Hej Peter:

I have no idea what is going on in the Danish Army, but the units I referred to in my post have funds and access to essentially anything they want along the line of sights. In the US military, money for sights, sighting systems and scopes has been flowing like water for some years now and believe me, if it works they would use it. And there is a vast amount of experimentation going on. Use of anything like the V/Bead is virtually nonexistent.

Most of the critters I shoot are small but many are shot with iron sights. For example, for forest management reasons I keep track of varmints shot in a 75 acre pine plantation on my ranch here. From 1 April to 23 July '07 I shot 186 on that piece alone. The prior year on the same piece of ground I shot 111 {they aren't going away, are they...} I do not know what the total number of critters I shoot per year elsewhere is because I do not keep track but the total number is some hundreds and many, due to the fact that I am doing other jobs at the time I see them, are shot with a pistol. Some with iron-sighted rifle and of course many with scoped rifle when I am actually hunting them. I admit I am in the big crowd that doesn't use beads. I've tried beads and they don't work for me on small, moving or partially hidden varmints, on butcher stock or for that matter on the few deer and elk I shoot.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com