mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
28/11/07 05:18 PM
Re: Baikals with remington markings on sale in the UK

Peter,

I did run a small business in the USA, quite successfully until I decided to pursue a PhD, something that I want to do before I die. Never bought liability insurance for it and never had a problem myself. There are a few nuts who are addicted to suing, I guess, but there are vastly more people here who like to live quiet and decent lives.

Now, before this gets more off topic, thanks, Watto, for your report about your rifle. I spoke to a very good friend in the UK who is a leading dealer in fine guns (and who sells some of the greatest treasures that I know of to the vastly wealthy in the US and to the monarchs and nobility of the Middle East) some time ago and he told me that he thought Baikals were very strong guns in his opinion, if crude, but then, what does someone expect at the kind of low prices that they sell at? In any case, if remington were to put these guns on sale in the US, I would buy one in 45-70 to have some fun with it. No, I shall NOT buy a 30-06 because that is not what I want - I have a 30-06 Mauser rifle that I bought from Brian Perazone which I dearly like and I think Baikal should have looked at the 303 if they wanted a military medium bore for their rifles (Wolf do make 303 ammunition in Russia after all) instead of the 30-06.

I hope Remington have someone trolling the various forums - if they visit here, they would see how much interest there is in this product and probably offer it on sale instead of dragging their feet like they usually do.

Good hunting, everyone!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com