Michael
(.275 member)
28/11/07 11:57 AM
Re: Baikals with remington markings on sale in the UK

500Nitro I assure you and others on this board that I do not import the Baikals but have not heard of any bad reports either on this forum or other Australian hunting forums who would discuss such issues if they arose. Also more to the point I have had this discussion with my local gun dealer who purchases the doubles direct from the importer and they have yet to hear any negative reports; so far they total NIL. Have you heard something?

AK Mike I am glad that you have other doubles to play with any will not spend the sheckles on a Baikal. But do not denigrate the person who can only afford a Baikal double and this is the only means for them to use this wonderful genre of firearm. Also if you so proudly have never owned a Baikal then how can you even contemplate to comment on something that you have absolutely no knowledge on and attempt to lord over the rest of us on here.

Let me give you some perspective - No I do not own a Baikal rifle but I do own two shotguns a sxs more than 40 years old and a o/u made in the 90's. They have both given years of trouble free service both in the steaming tropical floodplains of the Northern Territory and freezing duck blinds in Gippsland. These are field guns and they do not get any preferential treatment yet function flawlessly. Yes I understand that you are referring to rifles here but I am just highlighting the fact that my experience with Baikal has been nothing but positive.

Also for some very relevant additional perspective - please read Watto's post (he actually owns and uses the said double rifle).

PS. I do not post on here to hear myself talking, as you may notice I have been a member here for sometime and visit regularly yet my post count is still relatively low. If you took the time to review my posts you would find I only bother to put up topics for discussion that I find interesting or comment on things that I may have some knowledge about. Not make personal attacks on people who offer an alternative view or slander a product that I have not had any personal experience with.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com